Roku streaming player is one of the most demanding streaming technology. Roku streaming device provides you with access to streaming audios and videos using the internet. This will work only on a good internet connection. Here, we are discussing the process of checking the internet connection if you are facing an issue with it then we are providing the suggestions for troubleshooting. You can also take help from our professional trained Roku Support team which is always ready to assist you anytime.
How to tackle the error “Unable to connect to wireless network” or “Not connected to the internet”?
Firstly, when you set up your Roku streaming player, make sure to connect your Roku device to the home network, in the same way as you connect your smart devices to the internet. Select your home network from the name of your home network with a password. Now, a wireless connection is established from your Roku device to your home access point or router.
How to check your Internet Connections?
In order to check why streaming player, Roku is not working properly, just check your internet connection from the Settings option.
- Just Go to Settings option from the Main Menu and then selects Network and check the connection by clicking on Check connection. This will give you the detail that the home network or the wireless signal strength is good.
- Moreover, if the wireless signal strength or internet speed is poor, then you will get the complete instructions on your screen to resolve the issues.
How to Resolve the Connectivity Issues?
- Enter the correct name of your wireless network.
- Enter the appropriate password.
- Check that your router is working properly or not.
- Restart your Roku Streaming device and your router.
- Improve the strength of your wireless connection.
For more queries and any kind of technical issues you face, then directly contact our Roku.com/link code activation team which is highly organized, skilled and patient to assist you with all appropriate resolutions.